Slimbox WordPress Plugin
Because Slimbox was designed to be 100% compatible with Lightbox, you can just replace the Lightbox 2 WordPress Plugin whit Slimbox Plugin and your Lightbox effects will work just as well as before.
title attribute if you want to show a caption. Click on the images below for an example.
- Upload slimbox-plugin folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Add a rel=”lightbox” attribute to any link tag to activate the lightbox, or rel=”lightbox[roadtrip]“ for image set.
- Optional: Use the
titleattribute if you want to show a caption.
- If you want to add automatically the lightbox effect to your post’s images, open lighbox.php and remove the comment ‘//’ from lines 21 to 24.
<a href=”img1.jpg” rel=”lightbox” title=”my caption”>thumbnail1</a>
Image set example:
<a href=”img1.jpg” rel=”lightbox[roadtrip]“>thumbnail1</a>
<a href=”img2.jpg” rel=”lightbox[roadtrip]“>thumbnail2</a>
<a href=”img3.jpg” rel=”lightbox[roadtrip]“>thumbnail3</a>
Tnx to my sister for the photos! Link me in your site!
Version 1.3 (22-08-2008)
Update Slimbox to version 1.64
- Fixed a bug where in some cases, Flash animations inserted using SWFObject would not show properly after Slimbox closes.s.
- v1.63, requires mootools >= 1.2.
- Updated code for mootools 1.2.
- Slimbox is now fully compatible with Opera 9.5 and quirks mode web pages!
Version 1.2 (09-06-2008)
Update Slimbox to version 1.52
- v1.52 (2008-06-08)
- Added the â€œloopâ€ option to allow navigation between the first and last images of a Slimbox gallery, when there is more than one image to display.
- Fixed a bug which allowed to change the image while Slimbox was closing.
- API: The Slimbox elements functions now return â€œthisâ€ to allow chaining.
- Small optimizations.
- v1.51 (2008-05-30)
- Fixed an error which occurred when Slimbox was used in combination with SWFObject in Firefox. Also fixes a memory leak in Internet Explorer.
- v1.5 (2008-05-23)
- Most of the code has been rewritten with a new approach. It s now much smaller! (4kb)
- Added the â€œoverlayOpacityâ€ option to specify the level of opacity of the overlay.
- Added the â€œcounterTextâ€ option to specify a custom or localized counter text.
- Slimbox does not take up any space at the bottom of the page any more in some browsers.
- Now Slimbox does not wait for the caption animation to complete before enabling navigation. So you can navigate faster between images.
- Keyboard events are now captured when Slimbox is open to prevent page scrolls when using the arrow keys to navigate.
- You can now have two times the same image in an images set.
- The CSS file now includes Z-index definitions that are required if your web page design relies on elements with Z-index.
- The provided GIF images are now smaller.
- API: Slimbox now extends the Element and Elements classes. You can now associate a Slimbox gallery to any group of link elements using $$(elements).slimbox([options]).
- API: You can now specify different options for each group of link elements where you applied the slimbox([options]) function.
- API: When you call slimbox() on elements, you can now specify an optional filter function and an optional mapper function for maximum flexibility (see documentation).
- The Lightbox compatibility code is now fully optional. It s implemented in a few lines using the new API and a filter function.
- API: The main entry point has been renamed from â€œLightboxâ€ to â€œSlimboxâ€
- API: Lightbox.show() and Lightbox.open() have been merged into Slimbox.open()
- The Slimbox distribution now includes mootools, an example page and a Readme file.
Version 1.0 (29-07-2007)